Office of Information Technology Help Desk
The Office of Information Technology Help Desk provide front-line technology support services to enhance the university’s mission and goals related to research, teaching and learning, and scholarship through individual consultation and communication with faculty, staff and students.
Rice OIT has transitioned to remote support for your technical needs until further notice.
Hours of Operations
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
All in-person servicesare by appointment only (walk-in and office visits).
OIT Help Desk Support
- Phone: 713-348-4357 or on-campus extension: xHELP or x4357
- Online form: https://oit.rice.edu/request-help
- Email: email@example.com
- BeyondTrust (Bomgar) - start a remote support session
- Rice KnowledgeBase (self-service documentation): https://kb.rice.edu
- While teaching, if you experience technical difficulties, call: 713-348-4989.
Teaching and Learning Resources
- Canvas technical support
- Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via hotline or chat
- Login to Canvas, select the Help button in the Global Navigation bar
- Teaching & Learning FAQ
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Mudd Lab Building Lobby