OIT News and Announcements
- Reminder: Migration to Windows 10 Operating system May 7, 2019, 2:11 PM CDT
Just a reminder, Microsoft announced the end of support and security updates for computers running Windows 7 operating system after January 14, 2020. This presents a potential burden of risk to Rice’s computing environment. If you have plans to be away for an extended period of time this summer, consider upgrading your computer system to Windows 10 before your departure.
- Manage Passwords Mar 19, 2019, 3:03 PM CDT
The Information Security Office recommends creating strong, unique passwords for each site or online service you use. While considered a best practice beyond just Rice, this is challenging to do - the average person would have to remember (or write down) dozens of username and password combinations.
Top Documents of the Week
- Software Available for Students
- Two-factor Authentication (Duo) and VPN
- Print from your own computer (Windows)
- Getting Started In IT
- Office of Information Technology Help Desk