Google Workspace for Education
Google Workspace for Education (formerly known as G Suite) is available for current Rice faculty, staff, and students. Through this introduction, you can see the different ways in which you can utilize this resource.
Activate Your NetID
- All undergraduate and some graduate students (those enrolled at Rice after January 2019): use the Google web interface for email and the full suite of Google Workspace for Education apps.
- New employees (faculty and staff) that started after January 1, 2021: use the Google web interface for email and the full suite of Google Workspace for Education apps.
- Rice employees (faculty and staff) that started before January 1, 2021 and graduate students (enrolled at Rice prior to January 2019): use the Google web interface for the Google Workspace for Education apps except for email. (Note: these individuals may request that their email account be moved to Google by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
Core Apps vs. Consumer Apps
Access applications in Google Workspace for Education:
- Go to Google
- Login: NetID@rice.edu
- Password: NetID or Google password
Step 1: Upon logging in, select the Core Apps menu
Access Rice Google Mail:
- To view the contents of your Inbox: click on Inbox.
- To send a new message: click Compose.
- To view a message in your inbox: click on the Subject of the message.
- To search your Inbox for a message: enter the keywords that you wish to search for into the search box at the top of the page.