Disclaimer: This news item was originally posted on Friday, Nov 5, 2021. Its content may no longer be timely or accurate.
SERVICE UPDATE: Home Drive (U: drive) Storage Service Decommission (ongoing)
Posted: 18:56:02, Friday, Nov 5, 2021 Expiration: 18:56:02, Thursday, Jan 5, 2023
The process of decommissioning the personal home drive (known as the U: drive) started in December 2021. OIT has publishing guides for self-migration and can offer assisted or automated migrations to alternative cloud storage locations. (NOTE: Group or Departmental storage drives are not part of these service changes.)
Beginning December 2021: no new Home (U:) drives are being created and any unused or empty drives will be decommissioned automatically.
OIT asks individuals to consider the following actions:
- Start reviewing the data in your Home Drive (U: drive) and delete unwanted files.
- Select the appropriate documentation on how and where to migrate your data.
- Select where you want to store your data: OneDrive, Box, or Google Drive.
- For assistance or questions regarding migration of your personal drive storage please submit an OIT request online or via email to email@example.com.
- Service Update: Home Drive (U:drive) Storage Decommission
- Migrate Data to OneDrive
- Migrate Data to Box
- Migrate Data to Google Drive
- Moving Personal Storage to OneDrive, Box, or Google Drive
-- Rice U: Diane Yee
Created: 04:57:04, Tuesday, Nov 2, 2021 (by Liz B.)
Updated: 18:24:03, Thursday, Jan 5, 2023 (by Diane Y.)