Topics Map > •Email, Collaboration & Storage > -Rice Mail, Webmail, CyrusMail
Webmail: Customizing Webmail Virtual and Trash Folders
This article shows how to find and remove a saved search and its Virtual folder, how to remove a Webmail Virtual Trash folder, how to create an actual Trash folder as well as how to empty an actual Trash Folder.
What is a Virtual folder in Webmail?
Virtual folders are a tool in Webmail to display saved searches. They are not actual folders, but a name for a saved search result. But they appear in a user's folder list as if they were a real folder.
Turning off Virtual folders
- Go to webmail's Mail Preferences.
- On the left side of the screen click Saved Searches
- Uncheck any boxes you see checked.
- Return to the inbox and logout.
When you log back into Webmail, the virtual folders will be gone.
Using a Virtual Trash folder in Webmail
1. Go to your inbox, and click Preferences at the top. Depending on the mode you're in, this could be a button or a choice under a gear icon. If it's a gear, select Preferences > Mail.
2. Choose Deleting and Moving Messages (in the middle).
3. Put a check mark by the option Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of marking them as deleted in the current mailbox?
4. Under the Trash folder select Create Mailbox if you do not already have a Trash folder.
6. Click Save.
Next time you login, the physical Trash folder will appear.