Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Applications and Software
Crashplan is a cost-recovery service that will automatically backup targeted files on Rice-owned PCs and Macs. Available for a fee, it can be purchased for both office and lab computers; the size of the backup is unlimited, but it can only backup and retain a copy data and files that currently exist on the computer - it is not a cumulative storage service.
- Submit a Help Desk to purchase CrashPlan.
- OIT will work with Central Procurement to complete the purchase.
- OIT staff will install and configure the application for your office computer.
- Click here to access CrashPlan
- General documentation - step by step documentation on CrashPlan
- Restoring Files - documentation on how to restore files
- Troubleshooting - problem-solving strategies for diagnosing / correcting problems
- Reference Guide - detailed explanations of each item on each screen in the CrashPlan desktop
- Mobile App - documentation for your CrashPlan mobile app
- FAQ's - answers to common backup questions
- For support, refer to: https://support.crashplan.com/
- Contact the OIT Help Desk.