Migrate Data to Google Drive
Instructions are below for migrating data to current OIT supported cloud services.
Using Google Drive in the web browser
- In your web browser, go to https://drive.google.com and log in using email@example.com and password
- Create a folder in Google Drive
- Drag and drop the selection of files to the desired folder or from within the browser use the upload option
- For additional help and options, view How to Use Google Drive in the browser
Using Google Drive desktop application
- Download and Install Google Drive for Desktop
- Open Google Drive for Desktop. Note On your computer, you'll see a folder called "Google Drive."
- Drag and drop the selection of files to the desired folder
- For additional help and options, view Use Google Drive for Desktop
IMPORTANT: Once your migration is complete, please delete all legacy data from your old U: drive and notify OIT using the Help Request Form. In the "I need to..." drop-down menu, select "report that my U: drive is now empty". Failure to do so could result in your data being overwritten later.