Getting Started with IT for Faculty and Staff
The information below provides the steps for getting started with the different resources that are available for faculty and staff. Using this document, you can activate your NetID, connect to the wireless network at Rice, setup your email as well as learn about the various tools that are available to assist faculty and staff.
OIT can get you set up with the technology, accounts, and access necessary to work at the university. This document introduces basic services so feel free to reach out for help as you have questions or need assistance.
Getting Connected: Connect to the Rice wireless network
Email: Setup your Rice email
imagineOne: enterprise system that integrates human resources, financial services and related reporting in the Oracle cloud Esther: self-service system for academic purposesCanvas: Rice's Learning Management System
Zoom: Audio and video conferencing platform
Duo Authentication & VPN: Two-Factor Authentication and Virtual Private Network
NetID is your unique login credential (Username) for Rice resources. Having a NetID will allow you to gain access to the various computing systems at Rice. A NetID could be used with Duo, a two-factor authentication, as well for systems that require additional security (Google Mail, imagineOne, and VPN).
When can I activate my NetID?
- After you are hired and your New Hire paperwork is filed, you can activate your NetID.
- Your Rice NetID is established within 24-48 hours in which you will receive an email that includes your Rice ID upon completion of your employment status.
- Make note of your NetID during the activation process.
The Rice network is the most reliable way to connect to internet while on campus. To connect to Rice Owls which is secure wireless connection open to the Rice community, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: OIT Support Staff can assist you in connecting your primary computer to the Rice network and set up Rice printers through contactless support.
Note: By selecting the links below you can connect your personal computer to the wireless network. Printers will vary by your department.
Step 2: Connect your mobile devices to the Rice network.
imagineOne is the "one system, one process, one access, one Rice" for faculty and staff for HR and Finance Services
- New accounts for Rice faculty and staff can accessed through Google Workspace for Education which provides access to email, in addition to other tools such as Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, Groups, Contacts, Keep, Chat, and Meet.
- Email can be set up using a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.
- Accessing your Rice Google mail will require Duo security authentication.
Other ServicesDepending on your role at the university, different resources will be available to you so check with your supervisor or department coordinator as well.
For academic purposes, such as course roster and course-related processes.
Canvas is Rice's Learning Management System (LMS) for all course-related curriculum needs. Some Rice training for staff may be presented through Canvas while instructors use this platform frequently as a digital learning environment.
Zoom is a cloud video and audio conferencing platform that will be used by instructors to hold virtual lectures or office hours. Each Rice faculty or staff are given Zoom License accounts that lets them sign into zoom using their NetID.
Duo Mobile Authentication
Duo Mobile is a two-factor authentication service that can be utilized for systems that require an additional layer of security such as Esther, VPN and NetID login
Getting Started with Duo
All about Duo
: Learn all you can do with Duo including managing and enrolling devices as well like using the authentication service while traveling.
Install VPN Client Software
Rice University uses the Duo Authentication service in order to protect VPN access to Rice systems. The following are the installation links for the AnyConnect VPN Client. Campus login is required for all of these softwares.
Rice Acceptable Use Policy, Digital Copyright Compliance and Computer Security
In order to use computers on the Rice Network, all users must:
Additional Resources for Faculty and Staff
IT Status: Stay informed on IT Maintenance and Events OIT: Office of Information Technology Website - links to all resources related to technology and accounts in Rice
Hours of Operations
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
All in-person services are by appointment only (walk-in and office visits).
OIT Help Desk Support
- While teaching, if you experience technical difficulties, call: 713-348-4989.
Teaching and Learning Resources
- Canvas technical support
- Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via hotline or chat
- Login to Canvas, select the Help button in the Global Navigation bar
- Teaching & Learning FAQ