How to contact the OIT Help Desk
Technical support is available from the OIT Help Desk via phone, web, and email.
Hours of Operations
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
All in-person servicesare by appointment only (walk-in and office visits).
OIT Help Desk Support
- Phone: 713-348-4357 or on-campus extension: xHELP or x4357
- Online form: https://oit.rice.edu/request-help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BeyondTrust (Bomgar) - start a remote support session
- Rice KnowledgeBase (self-service documentation): https://kb.rice.edu
- While teaching, if you experience technical difficulties, call: 713-348-4989.
Teaching and Learning Resources
- Canvas technical support
- Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via hotline or chat
- Login to Canvas, select the Help button in the Global Navigation bar
- Teaching & Learning FAQ