Topics Map > •Email, Collaboration & Storage > -Google Workspace for Education
Rice University Google Workspace - Export Data Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout allows you to export data from your Rice Google Workspace account into a file that can be uploaded to a different Google account. This tool is a great option for individuals who need to move their data to a different location. Export your Rice Google Workspace data to a personal Google Account
Note: Google Takeout will only export data that you are the owner of. It will not export data that has been shared with you. View alternative.
Export Google Data (Owner)
Log in to Rice University Google Workspace with your NetID and password using the following URL:
- If you only have one Rice University Google Workspace account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
- Navigate to Google Takeout. You won't find a link in the navigation menu, so you'll need to type the URL directly into your browser
- It will ask you to select the Google products that you wish to export data from. Select your desired products.
- Click next and select your file type, frequency, and destination
Once you've selected your desired settings, click Create Export
Export Google Data that is Shared with You (Non-Owner)
Option 1: Create a zip file
- Log into your Rice Google Workspace account using your NetID and password.
- Select the shared folder.
- Select all or select the preferred Google files that you would like to export.
- Right-click on selected Google files and select Download.
- Log into your personal Google account.
- Go to Google Drive.
- Upload the file(s) into your personal Google account.
Option 2: Drag and drop files between two applications
- Download and install the Google Drive client from https://www.google.com/drive/download/.
- Open Google Drive client.
- Open a browser and log into your Rice Google Workspace account.
- Drag and drop folders and files between the Google Drive client and your browser.