Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Email Account
Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Google
How to Send from Rice Gmail Alias
This page will guide you through changing your sent-from email address in Rice Gmail. This will change the appearance of the email address in the 'from' field on sent emails. One recommended use for this feature is making a more professional alias than the standard NetID@rice.edu format, for example, FirstnameLastname@rice.edu.
Follow the following steps to add your sent-from email address in Rice Gmail.
- Login to your Rice Gmail account, then find the Gear icon and select Settings.
- Choose Accounts and Send Mail as:
- Select "Add another email address you own" and another window will pop up where you type in the alias address and select the Next Step button.
- Send yourself a Verification message.
- When the Verification message arrives, click the link inside.
- This allows you to confirm your email alias and you'll get a confirmation screen like this:
- Log back into your Rice Gmail account and select the Settings (Gear) icon, then go to Account and Settings, you'll see your alias and your NetID addresses.
For more information and support, please contact the OIT Help Desk.