Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Printing
Print from your own computer (Windows)
Instructions for printing from your personal Windows computer
1. On your computer, click on the Start button (or the lower left button with the Windows logo).
2. In the search field, type "\\owlprinting.ad.rice.edu" and hit Enter.
3. You will be asked to authenticate. Use your NetID and password.
4. Double-click on the printer you want to install. Your computer will then download the driver from the server and it will install it on your computer. The next time you will try to print to the printer you may be asked to provide your NetID and password again.
If your computer is using wireless connection
The same directions as above can be used, but make sure you are using the *"RiceOwls"* wireless network (not "Visitor"). Rice printers are only available through the secure "RiceOwls" network that only people who have a valid NetID can use.
|owlprinting.ad.rice.edu/plotter1||HP PageWide XL 4500*|
|owlprinting.ad.rice.edu/plotter2||HP PageWide XL 4500*|
|owlprinting.ad.rice.edu/gplotter||HP DesignJet T7200|
|owlprinting.ad.rice.edu/fondrencolor||HP PageWide Color E75160|
|owlprinting.ad.rice.edu/md101ps||HP LaserJet M605|
* These plotters were installed January 23, 2020 and are still undergoing testing by OIT.
For more information and support, please contact the OIT Help Desk.