Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Applications and Software > Edgar Web App
Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Applications and Software > Banner
Security Agreement for Edgar and Banner Access
How to complete the security agreement to request access to Banner and Edgar
In order to obtain access to Edgar and/or Banner, a security agreement must be completed in Adobe Sign. In order to access the security agreement, the person initiating the form must have an Adobe Sign account. The form initiator must complete the form entirely including NetID, phone number, and employee identification number (E#). Once completed, the form will be sent to the applicant (the person who needs access) to be signed, then to the department approver. The applicant and department approver do not need an Adobe Sign account to sign the application. After the agreement has been signed by both the applicant and department approver, the application will automatically be sent to the OIT Security Agreement Team to be processed. Please allow several days for acquiring the necessary signatures and processing. The applicant will receive an email with instructions when the account is ready for use.
How to Complete the Security Agreement
a. In the email address section you will enter your full, NetID Rice email address. Ex: email@example.com.
b. Do not enter a password.
c. Click on Sign In.
2. You will then see the Rice Identity Provider login.
a. Enter your NetID and NetID Password.
b. Click Login.
c. You should see the following page, with the Rice logo on top. (If you do not have the Rice logo on the Adobe Sign page you are on you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to Adobe Sign.)
3. In the middle of the page, select the workflow "OIT – Security Agreement - Edgar/Banner” from the dropdown, then click Start. (If you do not see the "workflow drop down", please email email@example.com to request AdobeSign access.)
4. Enter the applicant and department approver email addresses. (Note: The department approver must have Signature Authority for the access that is being requested.)
5. Update the document name to read “Edgar/Banner Security Agreement – FIRST LAST YYMMDD.”
6. Optional: On the right-hand side in the grey box, you may set an automatic reminder.
7. Click Send.
8. This will bring you to the application. Please make sure to complete anything with a red asterisk along with any security access being requested. Once the form is completed, click the submit button in the bottom black bar. (Note:
Incomplete or inaccurate forms will require additional time to process.)
9. After you click submit, the application will be sent to the applicant's email. The applicant must read the Code of Responsibility and initial in 3 locations, then sign they have read and understand.
10. Once the applicant has completed the form, it will be sent to the Department Approver's email you listed initially. When they have signed the application it will be automatically sent to the OIT Security Agreement Team.