Topics Map > •Applications & Software > -Adobe Tools
Adobe Acrobat Sign - Setup & Sign In
Adobe Sign is an electronic document management service that facilitates and supports electronic signatures that are compliant with state and federal laws. Documents created with or for Adobe Sign can be used for legally binding contracts within Rice and between Rice and external entities. Rice University recognizes that electronic transactions promotes efficiency and provides this service to facilitate these needs. This service replaces the need for creating, handling and distribution, and the use of wet (pen and paper) signatures.
Adobe Sign is currently the only e-signature service approved for Rice Business Documents and only those individuals who have been granted signature authority may sign documents using this service. See Rice Policy 810 Signature and Approval Authority for requirements. Any other eSignature service must be approved by VP/CIO and CISO.
Service users are required to have training on the proper use and management of Adobe Sign.
Service users are required to have an Adobe Creative Cloud account to access Adobe Sign Enterprise.
Service users must have read and acknowledge their responsibilities under Rice Policy 810 Signature and Approval Authority and the Rice Policy 849 Use of Electronic Signatures and that signature authority rules as defined in Rice Policy 810 apply to electronically signed documents.
For additional information, refer to the Adobe Sign Rice Blog.
- No account needed: Individuals who only sign documents, such as students or faculty, do not require an Adobe Sign Enterprise account. They can simply sign their documents with their Rice email address and Adobe Sign will verify their signature using email.
- Account needed: Staff members who will be creating/sending agreements will require an Adobe Sign Enterprise account. To send an agreement you will require an Adobe Sign Enterprise account. Typical administrative staff will be given an account.
When you are ready, enter an OIT Help Desk ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (or contacting OIT Help Desk) requesting Adobe Sign Enterprise. Please include information such as the department or group you would like to be a member of.
There are three ways to get to Adobe Sign Enterprise
- Adobe Sign Direct link / Bookmark **Preferred Method**
- You can access Adobe Sign Enterprise by going directly to https://riceuniversity.na1.documents.adobe.com/account/home
- We suggest you create a bookmark in your browser directly to Adobe Sign
2. Adobe Creative Cloud: By navigating to Adobe Sign Enterprise through your Adobe Creative Cloud account at: https://www.adobe.com/
a. Select Sign In in the top right corner.
b. Follow the steps in the next section on How to Sign in.
c. Once you have signed in, locate the navigator icon in the top right corner. Then select Adobe Acrobat Sign.
1. Once you arrive at the login screen, you will need to sign in with your Rice NetID email address (NetId@rice.edu). Then select Continue.
2. Select the Company of the School Account.
3. You may be requested to login to Rice Identity Provider, using your NetID and password.
4. You will be taken to your Adobe Sign Home page.
(Please note: if you do not see the Rice logo in the upper left corner of the dashboard, then you are not in the right Adobe Sign Account, contact the OIT Help Desk to request Adobe Sign access.)