Zoom for Rice Students
Information for using Zoom for students taking Rice courses online.
Please keep your Zoom software updated for the latest security fixes.
Getting Started: Zoom Videoconferencing
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. This solution offers audio, video, and screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and Blackberry platforms.
All undergraduates and graduate students have Zoom License accounts (formerly called Pro accounts).
Google Hangout Meet is the recommended backup tool for virtual meetings accessible through the GSuite platform.
Downloading/Installing the App
Launching a Session
- To join a session that your instructor has setup, click on the link that is provided to you.
- When prompted, select Join Audio Conference by Computer. You will want to make sure your microphone and speakers on your computer are working as well as your webcam.
- Having problems? Check out Zoom Support.
- Need help with your computer, microphone or speakers? Contact the Rice OIT Help Desk.
- For additional assistance with using Zoom, review this Getting Started guide.
- Student Guidelines for Online Learning Best Practices for Zoom
- Getting Started Desktop, Mobile, Training, FAQ, Installation
- Zoom Video Tutorials Register for upcoming live training or access recent Zoom Videos (Zoom Meetings, Webinars)
- Download Download Zoom application for your Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android devices
- Support Zoom Help Center
- Training Weekly Zoom Training webinars; Zoom Video Tutorials