Topics Map > •Applications & Software > -Banner
Topics Map > •Applications & Software > -Edgar
Security Agreement for Edgar and Banner Access
How to complete the security agreement to request access to Banner and Edgar
In order to obtain access to Edgar and/or Banner, a security agreement must be completed in Adobe Sign. In order to access the security agreement, the person initiating the form must have an Adobe Sign account. The form initiator must complete the form entirely including NetID, phone number, and employee identification number (E#). Once completed, the form will be sent to the applicant (the person who needs access) to be signed, then to the department approver. The applicant and department approver do not need an Adobe Sign account to sign the form. After the agreement has been signed by both the applicant and department approver, the form will be sent automatically to the OIT Security Agreement Team to be processed. Please allow several days for acquiring the necessary signatures and processing. The applicant will receive an email with instructions when the account is ready for use.
How to Complete the Security Agreement
1. Go to the Adobe Acrobat Sign home page at https://riceuniversity.na1.documents.adobe.com/account/home.
a. In the email address section enter your full NetID Rice email address. (Ex: email@example.com)
b. Do not enter a password.
c. Click Continue.
2. You will then see the Rice Identity Provider login.
a. Enter your NetID and NetID Password.
b. Click Login.
c. You should see the following page, with the Rice logo on top. (If you do not have the Rice logo on the Adobe Sign page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to Adobe Sign.)
3. In the middle of the page, click Start from library.
4. On the next page, click Workflows and begin typing "OIT - Security Agreement - Edgar/Banner” in the Search bar. The workflow menu will filter as you type. Select OIT - Security Agreement - Edgar/Banner from the menu, then click Start. (If you do not see the workflow menu, please email email@example.com to request Adobe Sign access.)
5. Enter the applicant and department approver email addresses. (Note: The department approver must have Signature Authority for the access that is being requested.)
6. Update the Document Name with the applicant's name and today's date, to read “Edgar/Banner Security Agreement – FIRST LAST YYMMDD.”
Optional: On the right-hand side in the gray box, you may set an automatic reminder.
7. Click Send.
8. This will bring you to the security agreement form. Please make sure to complete anything with a red asterisk along with any security access being requested. Once the form is completed, click the Submit button in the bottom black bar. The Submit button will not appear until all required fields have been completed. (Note: Incomplete or inaccurate forms will delay process time.)
9. After you click submit, the form will be sent to the applicant's email. The applicant must read the Code of Responsibility and initial in 3 locations, then sign that they have read and understand.
10. Once the applicant has completed the form, it will be sent to the Department Approver's email listed initially. When they have signed the form it will be sent automatically to the OIT Security Agreement Team for processing.