Rice University Travel Registry User Guide
Purpose: If you are planning to travel abroad, register your international trip in the Rice University Travel Registry. Your safety and security during your time abroad is important to us. All departments are responsible for ensuring Faculty, Staff and Students document their travel plans with the Travel Registry.
Login to Travel Registry
Create A New Trip | Domestic | International
My Managed Trips
Delete Trips / Travel Cancellations
Login to Travel Registry
- Login with your NetID and Password
- If you are already logged in to SSO, you will be directed to the Travel Registry Dashboard
- Create New Trip
- View My Trips
- View My Managed Trips
Travel Registry allows you to:
- Create a new trip entry for yourself and /or others.
- Only one person can be entered at a time. The person who is "logged in" will be set as the the default traveler (See Scenario 1).
- To change the name of the traveler, click "Change Traveler." (See Scenario 2).
- You are required to enter the name of the traveler and trip information.
- You can enter additional travelers including travelers who are not affiliated with Rice.
* Indicates required fields.
Scenario 1: Create a new trip
You can register both domestic and international travel, see the examples:
A. Domestic Travel
B. International Travel
Adding Travelers including non-Rice affiliates
Enter the name(s) of additional travelers, including non-Rice affiliates
Once you've completed adding your information, you may create an itinerary (see Itinerary 1-Madrid). If needed, you can Add Another itinerary. When you are done, click on Save Trip.
You will receive a confirmation that your trip is saved successfully. You must then click the "Register Button" to complete registration when trip information is complete (see box marked in red below).
After you click Register Trip, you will be directed to the View Trip confirming your trip is Registered with the following information: Trip Number and Trip Details. You select one of the following options: Unregister Trip or Close.
Once the registration is complete, a confirmation email be sent to you (the person who registered the trip) and the traveler. If you registered your own travel, you will have two confirmation emails.
You can view upcoming trips upon "Registration" completion under "My Trips" from the Travel Registry Dashboard.
Scenario 2: Create new trip for someone other than yourself
Click on "Change Traveler"
- Enter "First and Last Name"
- Click "Search"
- Click "Select"
The process is the same as in Scenario 1:
Once you've completed adding the traveler's information, you can create an itinerary (see Itinerary 1-Madrid in Scenario 1). If needed, you can Add Another itinerary. When you are done, click on Save Trip.
After you click Register Trip, you will be directed to the View Trip confirming your trip is Registered with the following information: Trip Number and Trip Details. You select one of the following options: Add Comment, Archive Trip, Unregister Trip or Close.
After the registration is complete, a confirmation email will be sent to you (as the one who registered the trip) and to the traveler.
You can then access the International Travel Document from the International Travel Information box found on the confirmation email.
Use My Managed Trips to view the trips that you registered for others.
To delete a trip from the registry, go to: My Managed Trips on the Travel Registry Dashboard.
Select View to open the trip record. Next, click Unregister Trip.
Click Delete Trip to remove the record.
You will find the following resources:
- Register Your Travel at Global Rice
- Download International Checklist
- International SOS
- Learn About Travel with Technology
If you need assistance, contact the Rice OIT Help Desk:
- Submit Help Desk Ticket
- Call: 713-348-4357 | Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Except holidays)
- Email: email@example.com