Rice University Travel Registry User Guide
Purpose: If you are planning to travel abroad, register your international trip in the Rice University Travel Registry. Your safety and security during your time abroad is important to us. All departments are responsible for ensuring Faculty, Staff and Students document their travel plans with the Travel Registry.
Login to Travel Registry
Step 1: Go to the Rice Travel Registry site.
Step 2: Login with your NetID and Password.
- Create New Trip
- View My Trips
- View My Managed Trips
Create New Trip
- Create a new trip entry for yourself and/or others.
- Only one person can be entered at a time. The person who is "logged in" will be set as the the default traveler (see Scenario 1).
- To change the name of the traveler, click Change Traveler (see Scenario 2).
- You are required to enter the name of the traveler and trip information.
- You can enter additional travelers including travelers who are not affiliated with Rice.
Scenario 1: Create a new trip
- Domestic Travel
- International Travel
For this example, the trip is to California, USA.
For this example, the trip is to Madrid, Spain.
Step 4: Once the registration is complete, a confirmation email be sent to you (the person who registered the trip) and the traveler. If you registered your own travel, you will have two confirmation emails.
Scenario 2: Create new trip for someone other than yourself
- Enter "First and Last Name"
- Click "Search"
- Click "Select"
My Managed Trips
Delete Trip / Travel Cancellation
To delete a trip from the registry, go to My Managed Trips on the Travel Registry Dashboard.
- Register Your Travel at Global Rice
- Download International Checklist
- International SOS
- Learn About Travel with Technology
- Submit Help Desk Ticket
- Call: 713-348-4357 | Monday - Friday | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Except holidays)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org