New Campus Wireless Network Project
Rice University begins a new and improved Rice wireless network project. This advanced new network allows increased density (more devices per user), and support for ever- increasing bandwidth requirements.
The deployment of the new wireless network started with the opening of Kraft Hall in January 2020. The new Wi-Fi 6 campus network has been designed for increased capacity and coverage across the university. To ensure the best possible experience, please make sure your device drivers are up-to-date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- For Rice-managed computers, go to the Software Center, if you see the Wi-Fi 6 driver update, proceed with the installation
- Perform all available Microsoft updates, and check your device manufacturer support website for any available updates.
- If you have a desktop computer connected to the wired network
- If you have a Mac Operating system, Android or iOS device
- If you are already in buildings with new Wi-Fi, such as Kraft Hall, and connected to "Rice Owls"