Accessibility: Request Review of Information & Communication Technology Products
This document explains documents related to accessibility policy at Rice. A link to an accessibility review request form is also provided.
Rice University's Commitment to Accessibility
Rice University is committed to supporting equal access to information and communication technology (ICT) for all students, employees, and visitors. Rice supports procurement of ICT that is accessible under the following policies and standards:
- Rice Policy 851: Digital Information Accessibility
- Rice Policy 402: Access and Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 ICT Refresh
- Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG, levels A and AA)
Vendor Accessibility Conformance Report
ICT vendors should provide a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), or equivalent document, preferably prepared by a third-party auditor, which shows the level of conformance of their product to accessibility standards.
Submit ICT Accessibility Review Form
The ICT Accessibility Review Request form includes five main sections:
- Requestor Information
- Accessibility Review Timeline
- Vendor & Product Information
- User Impact
- Vendor Documentation
Allow 5 to 10 minutes to complete the form. Please be as accurate as possible when estimating timelines, user impact, deployment, etc. Allow up to two business days for a follow-up response to your request. If you are not contacted in a timely manner, or if you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com.