Mount storage drive on Windows 10
Instructions for mounting storage drive on Windows 10
1. Go to Start
2. Begin typing the words This PC and then click on This PC App that appears as a result.
3. Near the top of the window, click on the Computer tab shown by the orange arrow below
4. Now click on the Map network drive icon, shown by the red arrow below
5. Enter the following information:
- Select the Drive letter U
- In the Folder, type \\storage.rice.edu\[a-z]-home\netid
Where a-z is the first letter of your NetID and the NetID is your full NetID. Example for a NetID of abc123:
- Check Reconnect at logon
- (Optional) check Connect using different credentials only if your computer is not on the ADRice domain. Most Rice computers should leave this unchecked. If you login to your computer with your NetID then you probably want to skip this step.
6. (Optional) If you clicked Connect using different credentials above, you'll need to enter your ADRice credentials
- Log in with "adrice\your netID" and your password (example username: adrice\abc123)
- Check Remember my credentials