Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself
Publications Upload: Converting BibTeX to CSV File
But I don't want to use Google Scholar!
|Perhaps you'd like to use another source for your publications upload into the Faculty Information System (FIS) besides Google Scholar. But your preferred source doesn't export into CSV files as required for uploads into the FIS. Here's how you can convert a BibTeX file into a CSV file that the FIS will accept.|
- Export your report year publications from your favorite database into BibTeX format and save the file.
- Download the open source reference manager JabRef (http://www.jabref.org/).
- From within JabRef, open the BibTeX .bib file, then save it as a .csv file.
- It is then necessary to make some minor edits to make the .csv file match the headings in Figure 1:
Columns must be precisely in the order shown, and the headings must match exactly.
- If you use Excel to manipulate the file, be sure to save it again as a .csv file.
- Now follow steps 4-8 in the help document Importing Publications from Google Scholar for your Annual Report to complete the upload into the FIS.