Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Email Account
Proofpoint: How to find and redeliver a user's quarantined email that they deleted to their inbox
A Proofpoint Admin can use the Proofpoint GUI to find and force re-delivery of email that was in a user's quarantine. Used when a user accidentally deleted the email instead of delivering it to themselves (their inbox).
Users often accidentally select a quarantined message and delete it, rather than deliver it to their Inbox.
Messages in the "Quarantine" folder or "Bulk" mailing folder; are kept for 31 days, even if a user chose to delete it.
Any Proofpoint Admin can find the needed message(s) and redeliver to the user. It is best to re-deliver the message without a scan so that it is not checked again by proofpoint.
This technique allows you to find and release a message that was either in a user's "Low Priority Mail - Quarantined" queue and discarded, or in a user's "Spam - Quarantined" queue.
Find the message; then deliver it again to the user.
- Sender email address (this often does not match the real sender address)
- Recipient email address (netid)
- Date/Time frame of email message
- Subject of Email - any keywords
- Use System => Quarantine, =>Messages Tab, and search for the message with time frame and/or Subject or Recipient or Sender
- Use System => Smart Search tab => Enter message info (time frame, Subject, Sender/Recipient) and Search. When you find it, figure out what Folder it was placed into. Then you can find, select and Release the message again, from that Folder.