Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Google
Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Storage > Collaboration, Sharing
Google Shared (Team) Drive
Do you want to store, search, and access files from anywhere and any device? Do you want to be able to access the files that were created by a team member after they have left your organization, such as a student employee? Answer: Use Google Team Drive
- Files remain after a team member (faculty, staff, student,collaborator) leaves.
- All team members can see the same content.
- External users can be added to Team Drive.
- Files are searchable.
- Setup a Shared Drive - Instructions to create a Shared Drive, add members, and set permissions
- Add Files and Folders - Learn how to create folders, add and open files
- Organize Files - Instructions on how to move, delete, restore, and search for files
- Share and Collaborate - Share files with people who are not part of the designated team. (Refer to: Team Drive and Security ~ next section)
- Duplicate Folders - Easiest way to duplicate folders
- Shared Drive Limits - Some space limitations for Google Workspace Shared Drives
- Refer to the ITSO website: Risk Classification > Approved Services when sharing data with collaborators
- Refer to the: Google Drive/Docs Security and Privacy Recommendations