What's New - 2017 Faculty Annual Reports
Here's what's new for your 2017 annual report submitted via the FIS at http://www.report.rice.edu/proj/fis/fislogin:
FARIS is out and a refurbished FIS is in for 2017!
NOTE: To access the Faculty Information System (FIS) from off campus, you must use VPN.
- List up to 5 major accomplishments for the year. This will appear on your annual report, and your dean is expecting to see it. These are just brief, numbered points. Some accomplishments may not fit in other categories, such as moving a program to national prominence. Others, such as publishing a book, should also be reported in the appropriate category with the normal details. (Figure 1)
- Option to import publications from Google Scholar. See this short guide for details. Note: The export must be in CSV format.
- Attach your CV. The deans ask every faculty member
to attach a copy of your full, updated CV to the annual report. This
is in addition to, not instead of, filling out the annual report. (Figure 2)
- Update your research areas. This will appear on your annual report. (Figure 3) Also, please indicate in this section whether you consent to allow your research keywords to be entered into a searchable undergraduate research opportunities database.
- Sponsored research and proposals, as well as courses taught and most grad students advised, have already been imported into your annual report. You are able to add or delete records if necessary.
- Reports are due by January 31st.