FIS: What's New - 2017 Faculty Annual Reports
FARIS is out and a refurbished FIS is in for 2017!
Here's what's new for your 2017 annual report submitted via the FIS at http://www.report.rice.edu/proj/fis/fislogin:
NOTE: To access the Faculty Information System (FIS) from off campus, you must use VPN.
- Major accomplishments. List up to 5 major accomplishments for the past year. This will appear on your annual report, and your dean is expecting to see it. These are just brief, numbered points. Some accomplishments may not fit in other categories, such as moving a program to national prominence. Others, such as publishing a book, should also be reported in the appropriate category with the normal details. (Figure 1)
- Google Scholar publications import. You now have the option to export your publications in a CSV file from your Google Scholar account and import it into the FIS. See this short guide for details. Note: The export must be in CSV format.
- Edit publications in list format. Use the new Edit Grid to insert, edit or delete publication records from a single screen, without having to drill down into individual publication records. (Figures 2a-2b)
- Submit CV. The deans ask every faculty member to attach a copy of your full, updated CV to the annual report. This is in addition to, not instead of, filling out the annual report. (Figure 3)
- Undergraduate research. Make sure your research areas are up-to-date and indicate whether you consent to allow your research keywords to be entered into a searchable undergraduate research opportunities database. (Figures 4-5)
- Automatic data import. Sponsored research awards and proposals, courses taught, and most grad students advised have already been imported into your annual report. You are able to add or delete records if necessary.
- Reports are due by January 31st.