Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Teaching and Learning
Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Course Management > Canvas
Canvas: Allowing Students to View Their Quiz Responses
This document explains how to let students see their quiz responses and the functions of this tool. Students can view their quiz responses only if you activate this feature.
There are several options associated with allowing students to view quiz responses:
Option 1: Checking Only Once After Each Attempt allows students to only view results immediately after completing the quiz.
Option 2: Checking Let Students See Their Quiz Responses shows students the correct response for each question on the quiz.
- Remember: Students will not be able to see the correct answers if Let Students See the Correct Answers is not selected.
- Feedback you placed in the quiz as well as incorrect responses will be displayed.
- Quizzes default to this option, so if you do not want students to see incorrect quiz responses, deselect the checkbox.
- The dates selected below do not impact this feature.
Only Once After Each Attempt Option
- This option may not be appropriate for quizzes that require manual grading, such as essay questions, where students would require additional views to see the updated results.
- With this option, you can also use the Moderate Quiz feature to give students additional views to their quiz results.
Let Students See Correct Answers
- The dates and times only impact when the correct answers are shown. If Let Students See Their Quiz Responses is selected, student responses and incorrect answers are shown immediately after submitting the quiz and are not impacted by the dates here.
- To show correct answers immediately after quiz is submitted, leave the Show and Hide fields blank.
- To create a date range to display the correct answers, set a start date in the Show Correct Answers at field and an ending date in the Hide Correct Answers at field.
- To always show correct answers after a specific date, set a date in the Show field.
- To hide the correct answers after a specific date, set a date in the Hide field.