Canvas- Let Students See Their Quiz Responses
Canvas allows the instructor to decide when and if students will see their quiz responses.
What does "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" do?
Let's examine this tool and see what it exactly does to your quiz and what feedback it gives to the students. First, what happens when you click on "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses".
Screenshot 1 Let Students See Their Quiz Responses
When you have ONLY the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses", it shows the incorrect answer upon students finishing the quiz. It will also show the feedback you placed in the quiz.
See what students see on the following figure - Screenshot 2.
Only Once After Each
You can restrict students view of the quiz results to Only Once After Each Attempt. Students will only be able to view the results immediately after they have completed the quiz—results include both their responses and the correct answers. See what students see on the figure - Screenshot 3
- This option may not be appropriate for quizzes that require manual grading, such as essay questions, where students would require additional views to see the updated results.
- When a quiz is saved with the Only Once After Each Attempt option, you can use the Moderate Quiz feature to give students additional views to their quiz results.
This setting enables a green "Correct" tab on every correct answer for the entire quiz. Quizzes default to this option, so if you do not want students to see their quiz responses, deselect the checkbox.
As a part of this option, you can also control when and for how long students can see the correct answers by setting dates (and specific times, if desired) in the Show and Hide fields.
- To show answers immediately after quiz is submitted, leave the Show and Hide fields blank.
- To create a date range to display the answers, set a start date in the Show field and an ending date in the Hide field.
- To always show answers after a specific date, set a date in the Show field.
- To hide answers after a specific date, set a date in the Hide field.
Note: If the Only Once After Each Attempt option is selected, it will override any show or hide dates or times. If you want to show or hide correct answers on any specific date or time, the Only Once option should not be selected.