Connecting to the RIceNet3 Wired Network on Windows Vista/7
How to connect to the RIceNet3 Wired Network on Windows Vista/7
- First connect your Windows 7 machine to the wired network via an ethernet port.
- You should be prompted to provide log in information. Open your browser to rice.edu and you will be redirected.
- Type in your NetID and NetID password.
- Scroll to the bottom and click accept.
- Click "Start" for the automatic process and your browser will download a .exe file.
- This is the screen should see as the download is taking place.
- Save the NetworkSetupAssistant.exe file in your downloads, or wherever you manage downloads.
- Run the file from your browser and you should be prompted to run it by Windows.
- Next you will navigate the Network Setup Assistant. Click "Start"
- Click "Yes". You will be prompted to Accept changes to your computer multiple times. Click Accept for each window.
- You should see this conformation. Click "Exit".
- Disconnect the ethernet port and plug it back in. You should be prompted to give a Username and Password. Type your NetID and NetID password.
You are now connected to the Wired network!
For advanced users:
In the event your computer does not accept the certificate change, you may manually change the 802.1x settings by following directions at:
If you need assistance, stop by the IT Help Desk in Mudd 103 and ask a Student Computer Consultant for help.