Connect a Mac OS X 10.4.x ("Tiger") and 10.5.x ("Leopard") to "Rice Owls"
You'll need your NetID and your Mac's Administrator user name with the passwords for each.
Instructions to connect computers running Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard to Rice Owls.
Configuring Rice Owls
- Follow the instructions at Configuring certificate settings for Mac OS X to ensure that your security certificate settings are correct before proceeding
- On your taskbar, select the symbol for airport, and choose Open Network Preferences.
- Select Advanced... to add the Rice Owls Profile.
- From this window select the 802.1x tab
- Select the + in the lower left and create a new profile as shown below.
- Once the profile has been created click OK on the Airport tab. Then click on Advanced... again to go back.
- Click the + beneath Preferred Networks to setup the Rice Owls Profile and fill in the dialogue box as shown below.
- Click Add and ensure that Rice Owls is at the top of the list and click OK.
- Now turn Airport off and on to reconnect to Rice Owls.
- Congratulations! You are now connected to the Rice Owls wireless network!
Feel free to contact the Help Desk at xHELP (x4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org