Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Exchange Email
Migrating to Microsoft 365 Exchange
Rice University has begun the transition to cloud-based Microsoft Exchange email as part of the adoption of the Microsoft 365 suite of software. If you have an Exchange account and your email and calendar have migrated, detailed instructions are provided below to help you configure mail clients on all your devices.
|** IMPORTANT **
- Access Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Exchange / Outlook Mail PC Client Setup
- Microsoft 365 Exchange / Outlook Mail for iOS (iPhone or iPad) Setup
- Microsoft 365 Exchange / Outlook Mail for Android Setup
- After migration has started, open Outlook. You will be prompted to select your Rice email address. It should be listed as NetID@rice.edu.
If you have an Exchange account and are setting up Outlook for the first time, simply skip to step #3 below.
- Please note if the NetID appears onscreen as adrice\NetID, be sure to select "Sign in with another account" and enter NetID@rice.edu and password when prompted.
- Sign In with NetID@rice.edu and password.
Microsoft 365 Exchange / Outlook Mail for iOS (iPhone or iPad) Setup
To begin setting up Microsoft 365 Exchange download the supported Microsoft Outlook application.
- Go to the Apple Store and Search for Outlook.
- Download (GET) the Microsoft Outlook Email and Calendar app.
- After the app is installed, Click on the OPEN button.
- To setup your email, type your Rice email Rice NETID@rice.edu and click Add Account.
When prompted, enter your account password and select Sign In.
- Once signed in, respond to prompts to enable notifications.
- It is recommended to allow notifications, alerts, sounds, and an icon badges.