Outlook Setup for Windows
This article is about setting up email on a Windows device using Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Mail Server settings to manually setup Rice email. These settings are for all mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail.
Mail Settings for setting up Organization account for Mail clients (i.e. Microsoft Outlook)
Mail Server Information Advanced Settings
SSL Encrypted Connection Incoming Mail Server imap.mail.rice.edu
Incoming server (IMAP)
993 Outgoing Mail Server
Outgoing server (SMTP)
465 Username organization account username Password
organization account password
Step 1: Go to the Start menu. Under the Applications option, select Windows System > Control Panel.
- Email Address: NetID@rice.edu
- Account Type: select the IMAP option from the drop-down menu
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.rice.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.rice.edu
- User Name: NetID
- Password: NetID Password (make sure Remember Password is checked and the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is unchecked)
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465