Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Configuration for Organization account)
This document describes how to setup Microsoft Outlook to add your Organization to your Inbox: You will need:
- Rice Organizationaccount
- Microsoft Outlook application
- Internet connection
First-time SetupStep 1: Launch Microsoft Outlook 2016
Step 2: Select "File"
- Your Name field, enter your name
- Email Address field, enter your Rice email address
- Account Type drop-down menu, select: IMAP
- Incoming mail server field, enter: imap.mail.rice.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter: smtp.mail.rice.edu
- User Name field, enter your NetID
- Password field, enter your NetID password
- Make sure Remember Password is checked
- Make sure Require login using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is unchecked
Step 9: More Settings | Internet E-mail Settings
Step 10: In the General tab:
- In the Mail Account Name field, enter <your choice of name>
- In the Organization field, enter <your organization>
- In the Reply Email field, enter your Organization email address
Step 11: Click Outgoing Server tab:
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Step 12: Click the Advanced tab
- For both server settings, Use the following type of encrypted connection, drop-down menu, select SSL.
- Incoming server (IMAP) field, enter 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP) field, enter 465
- Click OK
- The Settings window will close, click Next to proceed
Step 13: Click Close when the test is complete.
Step 14: Account has been added. Click Finish
Your Rice email account setup is complete.