Topics Map > •Applications & Software > -Web Browsers
Clearing Browser Cache
These instructions for clearing your cache in different browsers and operating systems.
- Open Settings and select Storage.
- In the resulting list, tap the Apps entry (Other Apps on Android 11 and earlier). This will take you to a list of all the apps installed on your phone.
- Choose the app whose cache you want to clear. To see which apps are taking the most space, tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and choose Sort by size. We'll use Chrome as an example.
- On the app's info page, tap the Clear Cache option.
- cookie data as appropriate, and then OK to accept.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data..
Windows 10 Edge Browser
- Click the 3 dots on the upper right hand side.
- Select settings.
- Click on “Privacy, search, and services.”
- Under “Clear browsing data” section, click Choose what to clear.
- In the check boxes, select at least. Cookies and other site data. Cached images and files. ...
- Click the Clear now button.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the browser window and select Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security in the left navigation panel.
- Scroll down to Cookies and Site Data and click Clear Data.
Clear the Web Browser Cache - Safari
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
Clear your cache in Safari on iPhone
In the Safari app , you can erase your browsing history and data to clear the cache on your iPhone. This removes the history of websites you visited and recent searches from your device. This process also removes the cookies and permissions you granted to websites to use your location or send you notifications.
Note: Clearing your browsing history in Safari doesn’t clear any browsing histories kept independently by websites you visited.
Tap , then tap .
Tap Clear in the bottom-right corner, then choose how much of your browsing history to clear.