Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Teaching and Learning > Kaltura
Kaltura: Importing Videos From a Previous Canvas Course
If your previous Canvas course used MediaCosmos (Ensemble) videos or Kaltura videos in a Media Gallery, this document will explain how to import them to your current course’s Media Gallery.
A Media Gallery does not get copied when copying other Canvas content using the Canvas Course Import Tool.
- Optional: To preview the videos in a previous Canvas course’s Media Gallery, click on Courses in Global Navigation and select the course. You may have to click on All Courses in the Courses List to find the course. Videos that were migrated from the previous video system are in Canvas courses that start with “Kaltura -.” After clicking on the course name, then click on Media Gallery from the Course Navigation Menu.
- Go to the new Canvas course where you want to import an existing Media Gallery. If you don’t see the My Media and Media Gallery buttons in your Course Navigation Menu on the left, enable it by going to Settings and clicking Navigation. Drag-and-drop My Media and Media Gallery up to the visible section of the course navigation and click on the Save button.
- From the Course Navigation Menu on the left, click on Media Gallery.
- Import videos from another Canvas course to your current Canvas course by clicking on Channel Actions then Import or the click here import link.
- Select the Media Gallery that you want to import and click Import.
- The two-cog icon indicates that the import is still in progress.
- You will get a notification when the import has completed.
- You can only import an entire Media Gallery, so if you want to remove any videos from your Media Gallery, go to Media Gallery and click on the Remove icon next to the video you want to remove.
- You may import additional Media Galleries from other Canvas courses if needed.