OWL-Space: Tests and Quizzes Data
How do I save a copy of test submissions made in OWL-Space?
To save a copy of Tests and Quizzes data from your OWL-Space Project Site:
- Go to OWL-Space
- Log in with your Rice NetID and NetID password.
- Go to the project site where you want to access information.
- Select the Tests & Quizzes tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
- Select the Published Copies tab.
- Go to the Assessment Submissions.
- Select the Scores option from the drop-down menu for the assessment you would like to save, as shown above.
Depending on the question types in your assessments, you can export scores and students' responses as an Excel spreadsheet and/or download all file upload submissions.
Note: Certain question types, such as File Upload questions and Audio Recording questions, which were graded within the Tests & Quizzes screen, will not be able to display answers in the spreadsheet. Therefore, if you want to save that information, you will need to download all file upload submissions.
To export to Excel:
You can export an Excel spreadsheet that contains all the students' responses and scores for an assessment, as well as any comments you entered for students on the Total Scores screen.
- Click Export.
- Click the second Export button on the screen to export the file.
Depending on your browser settings, you may be asked to save or open the file. Once downloaded, you can open the file in a spreadsheet program, such as Excel.
You can now view the spreadsheet
The resulting spreadsheet lists the students' names, user names, number of the assessment submission (if multiple submissions were allowed), final scores, any Grader's comments you entered for students in the Total Scores screen, and the students' responses to each question.
How to download File Upload submissions
If your assessment has a File Upload question, you can download all submissions to it simultaneously (e.g. to add inline comments, or for ease of reading certain types of files from your computer.)
- Click on the Questions link in the assessment menu to access the list of questions.
- From the list of question numbers, select the File Upload question.
Each question is listed as the letter Q with the question number (e.g. Q1, Q2).
- Click Download Responses.
How to save and open the ZIP file
1. Based on your internet browser settings, you may be prompted to save the file. Save it to your local disk.
2. Unzip the resulting zip file. You can see all the students' submissions in one folder. Each submission will be labeled with the student's name, followed by an underscore, then the student's user name, another underscore, and the file name.
Phone: 713-348-4357Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOnline: Request form