Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Telecommunications
Cisco VoIP Portal
You can customize your phone options using the Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal
|** First-time Login: you will be prompted to create a PIN. This will be used for login to your Personal Directory on your phone. You must be on Rice Network or use VPN to log in.|
Cisco VoIP Portal (Adding Phone for Single Number Reach)
Schedule "Workday" - set the time your work phone rings on additional phone.
Access Cisco VOIP portal at this link: Cisco VoIP Phone Portal
You must be on the Rice Network or use VPN to login to this portal.
After you have setup your account, you can find this link under the (Rice Network Only) Login module.
Create a PIN (First-time users only)
Enter your NetID and NetID Password > select Login
Cisco VoIP Portal (Unified Communications Self Care Portal)
Phones > My Phones
Step 1: Locate > Phones tabStep 2: Select > My Phone > Identifies Company Phones > Phone number and extension information
Step 3: Select the option: to Add an Additional Phones
Step 4: Enter the Phone Number of the additional phone,
- IMPORTANT: Add the +1 in front of phone number +17135551212 [no spaces / must be in this format]
- Select Enable Single Number Reach - this will ring your business phone and this phone when business line is dialed.
- Select Enable Move to Mobile (if this is a mobile phone)
- Add a New Schedule
- Enter a name for the schedule
- Select when you want your phone to ring:
- Ring only during specific times
- Ring all the time
Speed Dial Numbers - use this feature to add speed dial numbers
- To 'Add a phone extension', select the 'Add New Speed Dial' and enter information
- To 'Add an external number', select the 'Add New Speed Dial' and enter information
- In the portal, you will see a list of Speed Dial phone numbers
- On the Cisco phone display, you will see the following.
- Speed dial position 1 and 2 are indicated on the right.
- To see more 'speed dial' numbers, select the 'down navigation'
- Use this 'Call History' feature to activate/deactive missed call log
- Use this 'Phone Contacts' feature to add 'Personal Contacts'
Before you begin, go to General Settings > Phone Services PIN and set PIN.
Enter PIN to start adding Personal Address Book entries for your phone.
On the Cisco phone, before you can use the Personal Directory functionality, you must set the Phone Seselect the 'Contacts' icon to retrieve information and call contact from Personal and Corporate Directory
Select 'Personal Directory', then, select 'Enter' button on phone
Select 'Personal Address Book', then, select 'Enter' button on phone
Search Personal Address Book for contact information, scroll down to find either " Last Name, First Name or Nickname",
Select 'Submit' below the phone display:
Select the phone number to 'Dial'
This feature allows you to set up Call Forwarding
- Forward all calls to Voicemail or another number
- Advanced calling rules - how to handle 'internal calls' and 'external calls'. Select the option, and select 'Save'
Phone Services PIN - need to set this PIN in order to setup Personal Directory only.
Voicemail - this information was provided when your VoIP was setup. Call the Help Desk from your office for further assistance with Voicemail.