This document provides information about using screen capture in your classroom.
About Screen Capture
Rice University Learning Environments uses the screen capture system, TechSmith Relay, as a course and desktop capture tool to provide web archived sessions of select courses offered at Rice. With this tool, instructors can record their in-class presentations, and post them on Canvas so students are able to review concepts presented in class to help them solidify their understanding of the content.
Screen Capture can also be used to create content to be included as part of flipped classroom strategies.
TechSmith Relay is available on every Mac and PC computer in registrar-scheduled rooms.
Screen Capture availability for non-registrar-scheduled course usage will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Faculty and staff can request an account for Screen Capture below.
- Request Screen Capture
- Download the TechSmith Relay Recorder application from https://camtasia.rice.edu/relay/
- Record your lecture using TechSmith Relay
- Optional: Check the status of your recorded videos at https://camtasia.rice.edu/relay/
- Optional: Manage your videos through the Ensemble Video media management system at https://mediacosmos.rice.edu
- Your videos can auto-publish to access-controlled Canvas playlists or to public playlists, among other options. Fill out the " Request Screen Capture" form above for more information.