Canvas: Begin here
This document provides information and links to information about how to navigate and best use the Rice LMS, Canvas.
Logging in to Canvas
- Go to canvas.rice.edu
- Select Rice Login or Non-Rice Login as appropriate
- Enter your NetID and your NetID password
- You are in!
Once you are logged in to Canvas, please visit Rice Canvas 101 for helpful information for faculty and students.
Frequently requested information about Canvas
- Changing the course homepage
- Import Previous Canvas Course to a New Course
- Adding a Syllabus in Canvas
- Help! I deleted XYZ in Canvas
- Mailing List for Class
- Quiz Options
- Canvas Assignment Tool as an Alternative to Drop Box
- How to Export Grades from Canvas
- No Drop Box in Canvas
- FAQs in Canvas for Instructors
- Canvas Guides
- Canvas System Requirements and Supported Browsers
- Canvas terminology
- Canvas Feature Release Schedule
- Every three weeks, Instructure releases updates to Canvas. See "Canvas Release Notes" for information on new releases and subscribe to their email updates to stay current. Information is usually presented in a short video summarizing changes in a release. Additional details are available as well. Check the release notes often to stay informed on bug fixes and new features coming to Canvas.