Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Storage > Data Management
How to Access CrashPlan
This easy-to-use cloud service encrypts and backs up your files automatically; and it allows you to backup your data.
Website for login: https://www.crashplan.com/login/
Rice University has contracted with Code42 to secure CrashPlan, a backup service with unlimited data storage, for faculty and staff desktop and laptop computers.
The service is available on a cost-recovery basis for less than $85 per year.
- Open a Help Desk ticket for customer (NetID) requesting CrashPlan; obtain Fund/Org and Billing contact.
- Assign ticket to OIT Campus Services Representative if customer cannot provide billing information: Fund/Org and Billing contact person.
- Assign ticket with all pertinent information to Dora L.
- Dora will send ticket back to Help Desk to provision account in Grouper CrashPlan entitlement.
- Help Desk will send ticket to OIT Campus Services Representative to install and setup CrashPlan.
CrashPlan Agent Installer
Macintosh Client: https://crashplan.rice.edu:4285/download/CrashPlanPROe_Mac.dmg
Windows 64-bit Client: https://crashplan.rice.edu:4285/download/CrashPlanPROe-x64_Win.exe
Windows 32-bit Client: https://crashplan.rice.edu:4285/download/CrashPlanPROe_Win.exe