Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > Password
NetID - Password Criteria and Account Recovery
This document lists requirements for creating a new password.
- If you have forgotten your password, see NetID - Recover a Forgotten NetID Password
- If you know your password and want to reset it for security reasons: go to Changing Your NetID and Google Account Passwords
Best Practices for passwords:
- Each password chosen is new and unique for each account.
- Don't write it down.
- Don't share it with anyone.
- Do change the password regularly - every six months or so. (Change your password when you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time)
- Do change the password if it is shared or if you think someone else may know it.