Connecting to the RiceNet3 Wired Network on Windows 10
How to connect to the RiceNet3 Wired Network on Windows 10
- First connect your Windows 10 machine to the wired network via an ethernet port.
- Open your preferred web browser. After a few moments, you should be redirected to a login page.
- Type in your NetID and NetID Password
- Scoll to the bottom and click Accept.
- Press Start to begin the automated setup process.
- Enter a device name for your computer (Something like "YourName-Computer", for example), and an optional description
- Your computer will now download a .exe file. Once the download has completed, browse to your Downloads folder and double-click the .exe
- Press Run
- Next you will navigate the Network Setup Assistant. Click "Start"
- Enter your NetID Password here
- Press Yes to delete the old network certificate
- Press Yes to install the new certificate
- You will be prompted to allow Command Prompt to make changes multiple times. Press Yes each time
- If prompted, enter your NetID and NetID password here
- Press Exit to complete the installation
You are now connected to the Wired Network!
For advanced users:
In the event your computer does not accept the certificate change, you may manually change the 802.1x settings by following directions at:
If you need assistance, stop by the IT Help Desk in Mudd 103 and ask a Student Computer Consultant for help.