A list of some Rice accounts that do not use NetID. These accounts are unique to the applications and are managed through the application owner.
These accounts are on Rice systems which do not require or relate to your NetID and password.
- Banner - Rice system containing employee, student, departmental, and budget information, managed by Administrative Systems. Access to Banner is gained through departmental approval and a completed Banner security agreement.
- CMS400 - Web content management system, uses your NetID as your user ID but requires a different password (not your NetID password). Departments can request Active Directory (AD) overlap, which can incorporate most NetID passwords, but this AD request has to be made specifically by the web site owner. Contact Web Services for additional information.
- Edgar - Web application for running reports on data in the Banner system. Edgar is primarily used to run budget reports for each department. There are no personal accounts in Edgar. Access to the reports in this application is restricted to department representatives.
- Esther - Web application used by individuals to monitor, review, and update their personal and academic data in the Banner system.
- Events - Public calendar of official Rice events; accounts are granted to department or club representatives who contribute events for their departments (events.rice.edu).
- FAMIS (Facilities Management System) - FE&P's online tracking tool, used to request and track all work orders from light bulb replacement requests to major projects. Requires NetID with a separate password to log in.
- OnBase - University document imaging and workflow system; accounts are restricted to departments who have completed an imaging or workflow project. Data access requires department approval and the completion of an OnBase security agreement.
- RiceWorks - Job posting and employment application system for Human Resources.