Remove Legacy Mail Configurations
This document provides information on how to remove legacy accounts from mail clients including: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook App, Mac Mail, Android and iOS devices.
1. Go to the File > Info.
2. Select the Account Settings drop-down menu and choose Account Settings.
3. Choose the email account you want to remove.
4. Select Remove.
5. Confirm that you want to delete it by selecting Yes.
Important: If you’re unsure whether messages you want to keep are still on the mail server, move or copy them to a mailbox stored on your Mac (the mailbox appears in the On My Mac section in the Mail sidebar) before you delete the account in Mail.
1. In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts.
2. Select an account, then click the Remove button.
Note: If the account is used by other apps on your Mac, you’re asked to remove the account in Internet Accounts System Preferences. Click the button to open Internet Accounts, then deselect the Mail checkbox for the account. To stop using the account in all apps, make sure the account is selected, then click the Remove button.
1. Start the Outlook app.
2. At the top left, select the menu icon, and tap Settings.
3. Tap the account you would like to remove/delete.
4. A new window will appear. Tap Delete Account.
5. A small menu will appear, tap Delete.
6. Fully quit the application.
1. Go to Applications > Email. ...
2. On the Email screen, bring up the settings menu and tap Accounts. ...
3. Press and hold the Exchange Account you want to delete until the Menu window opens.
4. On the Menu window, click Remove Account. ...
5. On the Remove Account warning window, tap OK or Remove Account to finish.
1. From the Home screen, navigate to Settings. > Mail.
2. Tap Accounts.
3. From the 'ACCOUNTS' section, tap an email account.
4. Tap Delete Account (at the bottom; may require scrolling).
5. To confirm, tap Delete from My iOS device