Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Account Management > NetID
This document explains what a NetID is and how it is used.
What is a NetID?
A Rice NetID is your username and password combination which allows access to university services such as email, calendar, printing, personal storage, VPN, computing resources, and course management. Your NetID username (e.g. Sammy the Owl: sto7) is not the same as your Rice ID number (e.g. S01234567).
Eligibility for NetID
- Faculty and Staff: After acceptance of employment; contact Human Resources for any questions regarding eligibility.
- Undergraduate: Within 24 hours of your undergraduate student status (late April or early May after all deposits are received); contact the Office of the Registrar for any questions regarding eligibility
- Graduate: After completion of acceptance process; contact the Office of the Registrar for any questions regarding eligibility.
Note: University retirees as defined by Human Resources have limited access - email only.
Go to the Online Account Management System and select Start by activating your NetID. Then provide the information requested accurately and click Submit.
If you already have an active NetID: clicking Submit will tell you that you already have an active NetID. You can click on the blue link at the top of the page: I already have a NetID to log in to your NetID Account.
After successfully setting up your NetID password, you will receive a Congratulations message as well as a prompt to set up your Rice Google account password.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to jot down your NetID once you have completed the process
Once your password(s) are set, you can access your Rice email through:
- Webmail for Rice faculty and staff/graduate students (enrolled prior to Jan. 2019)
- Rice Google Mail for Rice undergraduate and graduate students (enrolled after Jan. 2019).
| Passwords must:
Best Practices for passwords:
- Each password chosen is new and unique for each account.
- Don't write it down.
- Don't share it with anyone.
- Do change the password regularly - every six months or so. (e.g. Change your password when you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time)
- Do change the password if it is shared or if you think someone else may know it.
Step 1: Login to your Online Account Management System.
Step 3: On your mobile phone, the following notification will appear in the Duo Mobile application. Select Approve.
Note: If you do not approve the notification shortly, your Login can time-out.
Step 4: Once you have access to the Account Maintenance page, select Change Password.
Step 1: Select Forgot Password? on the Online Account Management System login screen.
Step 2: Enter your NetID, your birth date and click Submit.
Step 3: Choose the notification method by which you wish to have the password reset token sent to you and click Submit.
Manage NetID Account
- ADRice: Login credentials onto most office and lab computers on campus
- Esther: Administrative self-service system for faculty, staff, and students
- Canvas: Rice's Learning Management System
- G Suite for Education: Cloud-computing tools such as Calendar, Drive, Docs, Email**
- Regardless of where your email is managed, all Rice faculty, staff and students have 30GB of storage in Google Drive. This data, including Rice Google Calendar, is stored outside of Rice. Use your NetID and a Rice Google Password that is different from the NetID password.
- Duo: Two-factor authentication system
- Box: Cloud-based storage
- Certain free software available to Rice faculty, staff, and students:
- Office 365
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Zoom Video Communication
Change Published Email
- Login to the Online Account Management System and select Create a vanity email address (or Create Email Alias on the left of the page)
- Enter the alias you want (keeping in mind the guidelines above the field) and click Submit.
- Once you've created the alias, click Select Primary Alias and select the email address that you wish to use as your published email address.
To select which of your email alias' you want to make public, select the corresponding button and then click Publish.
Note: You are allowed to create up to three new email aliases and once you have created an email alias, you cannot delete or modify it.
- NetID Information: States your NetID.
- NetID Account Status: Look at which campus resources are ready to use with your NetID.
- Email Information: This is your published email address. You may choose your NetID address or any of your email alias to be published.
- Email Alias or Vanity Email Alias: Lists all of the email aliases that you have created and which of them is your published email address.
In order to reset your password (with minimal work), you must give either a cell phone number, a secondary email address or both. This way, a reset link can be sent to those contact points which are external to the password which needs resetting. To do this, select Contact Information.
Next, simply enter the new or updated information into the relevant fields and select Save.
- WiFi/Wireless Network Settings: Select Forget this network for Rice Owls WiFi and re-authenticate with credentials
- Email Client (Thunderbird, Exchange, Apple Mail, Outlook)
- iOS / Android
- Cached credentials / stored passwords in a web browser: Clear the browser cache
- Windows stored credentials
- Windows Mapped Drives: Disconnect Mapped Drives and reconnect with proper credentials
- MacOS X/ MacOS Keychain: Remove password from Keychain and re-authenticate with credentials then add correct password to Keychain
Two independent authentication systems with auto-lock protection:
- Active Directory
- RiceNet Wireless
- Rice Exchange Mail
- Workstation/Kiosk Logins (Windows, Mac)
- LDAP / Kerberos / Web Single Sign-On
- Rice Campus Mail
- Rice Authenticated Web Sites (Canvas, Box, Subversion, Webmail, etc.)
- Server/Desktop Logins (Linux)