Topics Map > •Teaching & Learning > -Canvas
Canvas: Basic Information
This document provides links to information about how to navigate and best use the Rice Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas.
Logging in to Canvas
Step 1: Go to canvas.rice.edu
Step 2: Select Rice Login or Non-Rice Login as appropriate.
Step 3: Enter your NetID and your NetID password.
Once you are logged in to Canvas, visit the training center and the Remote Teaching Resources Course for helpful information for faculty and students.
Canvas technical support is offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via hotline or chat. Login to Canvas and select the Help button in the Global Navigation bar.
Frequently requested information about Canvas
- Canvas Guides
- Changing the Course Homepage
- Import Previous Canvas Course to a New Course
- Adding a Syllabus in Canvas
- The Undelete Feature
- Mailing List for Class
- Canvas Assignment Tool
- How to Export Grades from Canvas
- Canvas FAQs for Instructors
- Canvas System Requirements
- Canvas Terminology
- Canvas Feature Release Schedule