Topics Map > •Email, Collaboration & Storage
Topics Map > •Accounts, Authenication & Passwords > -NetID
NetID: Creating an Email Alias (also known as Vanity Email Address)
How current students, faculty, and staff can create personalized @rice.edu addresses that are delivered to their Rice NetID account
- NetID address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official full name address: email@example.com
- Example Vanity email addresses:
Create Email Alias
An Email Alias is also called a Vanity Mail Address or a Vanity Alias.
An email alias allows you to personalize your @Rice.edu address. Your NetID automatically assigns you two email addresses: your NetID address and your official address (usually your full name). You may create up to three email vanity aliases. All addresses deliver messages to your NetID email account. NOTE: you cannot delete or modify alias addresses after you create them.
Email Alias Requirements
• Must contain at least 3 characters.
• Must contain only lowercase letters, numbers, dashes (-), and the period (.)
• Alias addresses must begin with a letter and end with a letter or a number.