Topics Map > NetID
NetID - Creating a Email Alias (also known as Vanity Email)
How to set up a vanity email address for current students, faculty, and staff.
- NetID address: email@example.com
- Official full name address: Samson.The.Owl@rice.edu
- Example Vanity email address: Sammy.Owl@rice.edu
Create Email Alias
An Email Alias is also called a Vanity Mail Address or a Vanity Alias.
An email alias allows you to personalize your @Rice.edu address. Your NetID automatically assigns you two email addresses: your NetID address and your official address (usually your full name). You may create up to three email vanity aliases. All addresses deliver messages to your NetID email account. NOTE: you cannot delete or modify alias addresses after you create them.
Email Alias Requirements
• Must contain at least 3 characters.
• Must contain only lowercase letters, numbers, dashes (-) and the period (.)
• Alias addresses must begin with a letter and end with a letter or a number.