Topics Map > Endpoint Management > Computer Support Eligibility
Topics Map > Endpoint Management > Off-Boarding
Support for Personal Computers/Mobile Devices
The OIT Help Desk and the Student Helpdesk provides limited support services for personally owned computers.
OIT is able to assist with:
- Connectivity to the Rice network
- Advice for software installation / configuration
- Configuration of mobile devices limited to:
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Calendar)
- WiFi connectivity
- Setup of email and productivity applications
OIT is unable to assist with:
- Personal computers that do not meet the current minimum requirements for use with Rice services
- Operating System issues or error messages
- Issues with the ability of a computer to boot
- Personal equipment (printers, troubleshooting home networks, internet connectivity)
- Data recovery
- Hardware failures - in the event of hardware failure, you may reach out to a vendor for further assistance.
- Micro Center - https://www.microcenter.com/site/customer-support/help-center.aspx
- AppleStore - https://support.apple.com/
- Impress Computers (Mac and PC out of warranty support) - https://www.impresscomputers.com/
Members of the Rice community may be eligible for discounted hardware and software for personal use. To ensure you have a computer that can adequately handle course work needs, minimum standards have been established for workstations.
- Computer Recommendations for Undergraduate Students
- Hardware Vendors (Higher Education Pricing)