Rice University G Suite - Export Data Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout allows you to export data from your Rice G Suite account into a file that can be uploaded to a different Google account. This tool is a great option for individuals leaving Rice University. Export your Rice G Suite data to a personal Google Account
Note: Google Takeout will only export data that you are the owner of. It will not export data that has been shared with you. View workaround.
Export Google data that is owned by you.
Log in to Rice University G Suite with your NetID and password using the following URL:
- If you only have one Rice University G Suite account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
- Navigate to Google Takeout. You won't find a link in the navigation menu, so you'll need to type the URL directly into your browser: https://myaccount.google.com/privacy#takeout
- If you want to select certain apps to export data from, click Choose Services. Otherwise, click Create Archive to export all available data.
All apps with data that can be exported by Google Takeout will be listed on this page.
- Click Download to save a zipped copy of your data to your computer.
- Log into your Rice G Suite account using your NetID and password.
- Select the Shared with me folder.
- Select all or select preferred Google files that you would like to export.
- Right-click on selected Google files and select Download.
- Log into your personal Google account.
- Go to Google Drive.
- Upload the Shared with me file into your personal Google account.
Option 2: Drag and drop files between two applications
- Download and install Google Drive client from https://www.google.com/drive/download/.
- Open Google Drive client.
- Open a browser and log into your Rice G Suite account.
- Drag and drop folders and files between the Google Drive client and your browser.