Connect a Windows 10 Computer to Rice Owls
1. Click the WiFi icon in the taskbar in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Instructions to connect Windows 10 computers to Rice Owls.
2. You should see Rice Owls show up as one of the available WiFi networks. Click on "Rice Owls" and click "Connect".
3. Enter your NetID and NetID password in the Username and Password fields and click "Connect"
4. If you are connected to the network but still unable to access the internet, start by opening the Network and Sharing Center by typing it in to the Cortana/Search Bar.
5. In the Network and Sharing Center, by the Connections, click "Wi-Fi 3 (Rice Owls)"
6. Under "Connection", click "Wireless Properties"
7. Navigate to the "Security" tab and make sure all the settings look like the image below. For the security type, select WPA2-Enterprise and for the Encryption type, select AES. For the authentication method, select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).
Select the Settings button.
8. Make sure that the Verify the server's identity by validating its certificate button at the top of this screen is not checked. For the Select Authentication Method option, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2). Select the Configure... button and ensure that the Automatically use my Windows login name and password button is not checked.
9. Press the OK button at the bottom of the window to save these changes. Now selected the Advanced settings button on Image 3. Under the 802.1X settings tab, make sure that the Specify authentication mode button is checked and select User authentication. Now press the Add credentials button and input your Rice NetID and password. Press OK to save them and then press OK in the Advanced settings window to close it.
If you are still not connected to the internet through Rice Owls, stop by the IT Help Desk in Mudd 103 or contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.