Setting Up Dreamweaver to Access organization.rice.edu
Setting Up Dreamweaver for the First Time
- First, after opening Dreamweaver, click Sites > New Site (in the toolbar).
- Next, name the site and write the path for your local directory.
- Click the Servers tab on the left, and enter the following information:
Server Name: "organization.rice.edu" *; Connect Using: "SFTP" *; SFTP
Address: "organization.rice.edu" *; port: 22; username: your username;
password: your password; Root Directory: leave it blank,
Dreamweaver will automatically go to the home directory of your
account; Web URL; leave the default in the field. Next click save.
- Successful Connection will take you to a screen which looks like the following.
- To upload and download files/folders from the server, click Sites > Put/Get on the toolbar.
- To exit the session, click the Disconnect from Remote Server button.