Setting up Filezilla to Access organization.rice.edu
Setting Up FileZilla for the First Time
- Create a new profile: Click File > Site Manager.
- Under the General tab, make sure the following settings are
correct: Host is "organization.rice.edu" *; Port is 22; Protocol is
"SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol" * and that the Logon Type is "Ask
for Password" *. Where the fields prompt you for your account
information, fill it in.
- Under the advanced tab, leave the Remote Directory field blank.
- Click connect, and you will be prompted to give your password.
- If you successfully connected, your screen will look something like this.
- To disconnect, click the disconnect button on the toolbar, and your screen will look something like this.