Topics Map > Do-IT Yourself > Storage > Collaboration, Sharing
Mount storage drive on Windows 7
Instructions for mounting storage drive on Windows 7
1. Go to Start
2. Right click on Computer, select Map Network Drive...
3. Enter the following information:
- Select the Drive letter U
- In the Folder, type \\storage.rice.edu\[a-z]-home\netid
Where a-z is the first letter of your NetID and the NetID is your full NetID (abc1)
- Check Reconnect at logon (Some people think checking this is a security risk since Windows
remembers your password, but if this isn't checked Windows will ask you
for the password every time you restart).
- Check Connect using different credentials
4. Enter your Rice credentials:
- Log in with "adrice\your netID" and your password
- Check Remember my credentials